If your website is running on a WordPress platform then chances are that you already know how great WordPress is and how easy it is to install a plugin. Plugins are third party applications that allow you to add different features to your website. Many websites lack even the most helpful of plugins that could easily help improve their marketing. Lets take a look at these popular and FREE plugins that could make a huge difference in your website’s marketing.
1. Yoast: Yoast is a SEO plugin that is great for anyone trying their hand at SEO. It will help you in making sure that your posts are optimized for SEO by giving you the tips that you need to improve your content for search engines. It is one of the most popular SEO plugins available with 1+ million active installs. And guess what? You don’t need any previous experience with SEO to be able to figure it out.
2. Broken Link Checker: When browsing a website, there aren’t very many things more disappointing than clicking a link and expecting content, but instead getting a page not found error. Broken links are not only bad for user experience, but are also harmful for SEO.
The Broken Link Checker plugin for WordPress takes all of the grunt work out of link checking. Instead of going page per page through your website looking for broken links, the Broken Link Checker plugin scans your website for you. If any broken links are found then you are immediately notified via email or on your plugin dashboard (whichever you elect in the settings). The plugin also gives you the option of preventing search engines from following broken links.
3. Contact Form 7: It is very important that you engage with your readers and often times this occurs when readers contact you via your website. Contact Form 7 allows you to create multiple contact forms on your website, all of which are easily customizable. It is one of the most popular contact form plugins because of its flexibility.
This plugin supports AJAX submission, CAPTCHA and spam filtering. It can also be easily integrated with MailChimp.
4. Wordfence: There’s nothing worse that having your website hacked. It can take up so much time to get your website back up and running and it will have a negative impact on your search engine rankings.
Wordfence is a WordPress plugin that aids in protecting your website from hacking. It scans your website for infections and secures it, improving efficiency and speed. Wordfence also provides blocking features and login security. Who wants to worry about security concerns when they are trying to market their website? No one. Install this plugin today and make sure your website is protected.
5. Better Click to Tweet: Better Click to Tweet is a super simple, yet effective WordPress plugin. This tool allows you to create and place “Click to Tweet” boxes anywhere on your webpage or post. It makes it easy for readers to share your quotes or anything you want retweeted on twitter. This plugin also gives you control over the URLs that are displayed and is fully customizable.
When adding Click to Tweets boxes to your WordPress website, be sure to always choose quotes that will appeal to your audience. Doing so can possibly increase your twitter shares.